Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Adventure of a Lifetime

















74 days, 4 countries, 30 cities. What an amazing adventure we have had. I find myself at a loss for words and tearing up typing this entry. The emotions I have about our travels are overwhelming. I still can't believe it was real. It feels like a dream, the dream you hate waking up from because it is so perfect. All my life I have wanted to travel. I have been secretly (and not so secretly) jealous of those my age who have traveled the world. It just wasn't my time. To be able to have an adventure like this with my best friend, for the timing to be such as it was, this trip was truly a gift from God. What I have done to deserve this life, I will never know. To say I am grateful is a tremendous understatement.
What made this trip for me was being able to explore the world Add Imagewith the love of my life. I have said before that I never thought I would find a love like Ted's. Ted is the most loving, most generous, most amazing man. He has taken on more than was ever expected of him, and he does it gladly. He is my rock, he is my best friend. I love him so much it hurts.
I know this is a short post. With all that we saw, all that we did, a wrap up post should be longer. But as I said before, I'm at a loss for words. I am overwhelmed with feelings about this trip. I just can't put them into words. It was amazing, it was life changing. It brought Ted and I closer together than ever. It was the most amazing experience I have ever had.

No comments: