Saturday, December 18, 2010

Studio Castillero


*WARNING: I will probably repeat how obsessed with our wedding photographers at least 100 times in this post.*

So a couple of weekends ago Ted and I drove down to San Diego to do our engagement shoot. If we would have waited much longer it would have been wedding photos, but as everyone knows a lot has been going on. ANYWAY. We had rescheduled with Rachel and Rico about three times, and they were INCREDIBLY gracious each time.
We headed down to San Diego on a date that finally worked. I had mentioned to them that we wanted romantic, woodsy, trees, in terms of location and feeling, and they ran with it and took us to the PERFECT location in Encinitas.
I am pretty comfortable in front of a camera. I like having my picture taken, I think its fun. Ted on the other hand, not so much. So I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little apprehensive with how he would do. Not only is it A LOT of face time with a camera, but its about showing some raw private emotion. Enter Rachel and Rico. Within the first five snaps of the shutter Ted was having a blast, as was I.
Ted and I had SO MUCH fun taking these photos. I think it shows. There are maybe 5 photos I kinda like, and even those I would put somewhere in my house. They captured us. They captured the US that a lot of people don't get to see because we are kinda private. They captured the essence of who we are, and how much we love each other. There are a couple of pictures where I see so much in the looks we are giving each other, its like I can see our story, the events of the last year, the peace we find with each other, passing between us. I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER. I can't wait for our wedding day, for a LOT of reasons. But I am so excited to see how they capture the day. There is not a worry in my head about how the photos will turn out, or will they get everything. I know its going to be amazing. And that is a HUGE worry off the brain of a bride to be.

Not only are they amazing at their craft, but they are amazing people. We spent two hours with them, and I want to invite them to dinner and make them our friends.

So if you are looking for a photographer for ANYTHING, look no further.


I am pretty much making them our personal photographers. I want no one else to capture big moments in our life. Rachel and Rico be prepared to be a part of our family for a LONG time! haha

Without further ado here are photos from our engagement session...






























































No comments: