Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2010 Wrap Up

2010 was a rollar coaster of a year. The ups were as high as they could possibly be and the lows were equally as low.

The ups in 2010 were unbelievable. Engaged, made a home with Ted, lived in Italy, traveled a small portion of the world. WHAT? Its almost unfathomable the year I (we) have had.

I acknowledge the lows, I'm grateful for them, in hindsight. I believe, and have come to believe even stronger this year, that God has a plan for those whole love Him. And while in the midst of lows, we may not see what that plan is, in His time we will find out.

That being said, I am doing my best to leave the darkness in 2010, because the promise of 2011 is shining bright like a beacon.

If there is one thing that I have learned in 2010, it's that God is faithful. He is constantly molding and forming us. We are never alone, even when we feel completely separate from the world. And when we remember that, our eyes are suddenly opened to the world he has for us, and that world is far from lonely, it is filled with light, and consumed with love.

There are so many things that I want to accomplish this year. I certainly have a list. But the biggest thing I want to focus on is living in the light and just allowing my self to enjoy where God has put me.

So here's to 2011! To weddings, and watching friends celebrate milestones, and big events in their lives. To friends and family, to smiles, and laughter. To a year full of light, and love.




No comments: