Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Definitely an adventure!

I am going to start this with a very quick synopsis of our first weekend. Traveling to Italy was so easy! We arrived, got our bags and made it to the apartment. We went by train to Como on Saturday morning, Ted ended up REALLY sick, we went to the emergency room, it’s taken him about a week to recover, but he is getting there. I will explain fully when we get home, but to be honest. I am trying to forget the weekend completely because it was a nightmare.
That being said, we are here, Ted is almost 100% and we are getting settled in. The city is beautiful; it’s unlike anything you could imagine. It’s such a cross between old (and I mean REALLY old) and new.
We are situated right in downtown Milan. Within walking distance of everything we could need. Since we got off to a rocky start, it has taken me this long to feel normal and want to explore. So Ill start my exploring soon.
We are getting settled. We went grocery shopping, got some essentials. Which by the way was an experience all to itself. Trying to figure out what is nonfat milk, or wheat bread. It was overwhelming at first, not to mention I was stressed to the max with Ted being sick and hadn’t slept in God knows how long, that I bought corn flakes just because it was CORN FLAKES, and familiar. The regular grocery store is a little like a Wal-Mart grocery store, not the best produce, or meat, but its gets the job done. Today I found this AMAZING grocery store close to the center of Milan. Its called Peck. Imagine Gelson’s or some other high end grocery, but Italian and wonderful! With far better produce and amazing meats and the most amazing array of cheeses and wine. OMG it’s a little slice of heaven. I made friends with an English-speaking butcher, who took a liking to me. It makes shopping so much easier and enjoyable.


No comments: